Downtown Ambassadors are students who connect the University community to downtown Richmond for educational opportunities, career development, and community building. Downtown Ambassadors support the University in its commitment, outlined in the Richmond Promise, “to engage as a meaningful part of the Richmond community” and to offer “a distinctly integrated student experience, coordinating a rich and innovative life for students inside and outside of the classroom.” This new group also enjoys opportunities to explore the city of Richmond together through special excursions and meals at local restaurants.
- Commitment of a year of service (exceptions for Study Abroad participants)
- Attend monthly meetings at UR Downtown
- Lead one UR Downtown program, such as a community dinner, per semester
- Participate in and volunteer for RVA First Fridays
To apply, candidates should either drop off a resume and proposal letter at UR Downtown or the Bonner Center for Civic Engagement or e-mail a resume and proposal letter to email@example.com by Friday, September 6, 2013.
The proposal letter should address the following questions:
- Why are you applying to be a Downtown Ambassador, and what do you hope to gain from the experience?
- What kind of community engagement experiences have you had?
- What type of partnerships (arts, government, social, etc.) would you be interested in?