University of Richmond Downtown is conveniently located in the heart of the city at 626 E. Broad Street.
City Hall, the new federal courts building, and Capitol Square are located on the eastern side of the neighborhood. Performance venues anchor the western side. This location enhances sustained campus-community connections and provides the University of Richmond with a solid downtown presence.
View Larger Map
The 5,000-square-foot space occupies the first floor of the former Franklin Federal Savings and Loan building. The use of this prime space has been generously provided by The Wilton Companies.
During the building's 2008 renovation, historic elements were preserved, and the Virginia Department of Historic Resources designated it as an historic building within the Grace Street Commercial District. Historic elements include a vault and a 1956 mural by German artist Hans Gassman. The mural, "The Circulation of Money," features recognizable places and symbols of Virginia and serves as the centerpiece of UR Downtown’s conference room and community room.